Sunday, August 31, 2008

Sunday, August 31

Yesterday was a long day, mostly because there was no therapy. We encouraged Jilly to rest a lot, and brought up fewer visitors than on past days. Gina Kourias, who interviewed Jillian for Time Out New York before the showing of Mothership at Dance Theater Workshop this spring, visited. Though they had only met a few times, Jilly recognized Gina, which encouraged us. Amber and Zari napped and meditated with her late in the day to ease the transition to nighttime.

No therapy again today, so we are planning a day of beauty, with a few simple games as well. We're sure the condition of her nails would shock her, and hope that the games will help maintain the ground gained in her attention span by the exercises the therapists do.

Raymond and I have fallen into a routine of stopping at the Lyric Diner on 22nd and Third, just a few blocks from where we are staying, for a light supper each night. It's pretty much simple comfort food, which is what we need these days. We were able to catch high points of the Democratic Convention last week; I guess the Republicans are up next.

I'll talk to you all tomorrow.

All our best,
Ingrid & Ray

3 comments:

xta said...

great to see you on here, ingrid. thanks for the updates. i've been hearing from lia about jillian's many "escape" efforts and her requests for "delicious drinks". i'm so glad she's finally getting a beauty day! does this mean she'll finally get a haircut??

much love,
christa

peterpansy said...

"A day of beauty" - oh that's so great.

I'm glad you and Raymond have settled into some comfortable routines...especially when they involve yummy food!

Love Yve

ruthiel said...

Relatives in Michigan appreciate the daily updates on Jillian's progress. Our prayers are with you all daily. It is so encouraging to read about Jillian and her responses daily. Am working on updating my paypal account so I can send a contribution. I hope I am able to figure out how to post this comment. Alicia sends her love. Ruth