Wednesday, August 13, 2008

from Erika Hand

Doctors met with Ingrid, Raymond, Jeremy, and Amber around 4pm today, Wednesday August 13th. The overall report was optimistic.Jillian had an angiogram test which revealed that she has no clotting in her arteries. She is "100% clot-free." This is great news!There is a fracture at the base of her skull that will eventually heal on its own.Jillian is presently in a medically induced coma. They will take her off sedation at approx 8am tomorrow (Thursday morning).At that time she will be asked to follow simple commands (e.g. "Squeeze my hand" or "Hold up 2 fingers")Ingrid and Raymond were very relieved to speak directly to the doctor (Dr. Robin Elliot sp?) and see detailed images the epidural hematoma.The doctor has been very forthcoming with information. Doctor Elliot conducted the first surgery and will also be the doctor on duty tonight.The pressure from the swelling caused a slight mid-line shift of her brain.After Jillian comes off sedation she will be given an MRI test which will reveal more about her cognitive abilities.Bruises on her brain are healing quickly!Jeremy, Raymond, and Christy visited the site of the accident as well as the nearby police precinct.Jeremy is following up in the morning with the officer who wrote the supplemental report of the accident.Marissa Brown was a witness to the whole accident.She helped Jillian at the scene.She has visited the hospital where she met the family.Ingrid wold like to find a way to contact the paramedics who handled Jillian from the scene of the accident to the hospital.Ingrid and Raymond are now resting at the hotel nearby. The family will take turns resting so that there will always be at least one family member on site at the hospital.

4 comments:

jodyoberfelder@gmail.com said...

I don't know Jillian--I only read a review of her work and remember thinking, 'sounds interesting--I should keep an eye out for her.' Her accident strikes a chord because it could happen to any of us at any time. I'm currently in Detroit visiting my father, also in the hospital. It is a whole different scenario, yet the fragility of life and the power of love and life is so deep. We must hope. My best wishes to you Jillian. I hope to see you dance creations.

Unknown said...

i coincidentally received an email about a girl who was hit by a car in brooklyn. that person turned out to be jillian a former elementary school classmate of mine from osuna elementary school in albuquerque! i haven't seen her in 20 or so years, but i too live in brooklyn (wburg) and am an artist. if there is anything i could do to help i would love to contribute in any fashion.

topulyo@gmail.com

i'm glad to hear that jillian is in fine hands and looking to recover soon.

homeiswherethehomois said...

I wish Jillian the best recovery possible. Hopefully she comes out of this stronger than ever. Time is so scarce in New York, but right now it is standing still.
I live in New York and know Jillian's friends from London. My girlfriend is close with her too. Her accident has transcontinental effects.

Anthony Whitehurst said...

I have never met Jillian, but I have heard great things about her and her work. I would like to help if possible.

I am an energy worker who does a number of different forms and am certified in Reiki. Reiki involves very light or no touch and the person doesn't have to be awake to benefit from it. I would like to offer this for free to help with her recovery.

Since I don't really know her, if someone could help me set this up it would be greatly appreciated. Please contact me by phone or email. Thanks.

Anthony Whitehurst
337-277-8441
anthony@rednovae.org